Mission Statement: The Putnam County Sheriff's Office Community Service Section was established to aid our communities in educating citizens of Putnam County to reduce the possibility of becoming a victim of crime. The PCSO Community Service Officer is available to serve the citizens and visitors of Putnam County.
The PCSO Community Service Officer's goal is to promote safety programs through pro-active means such as Personal Safety, Children's Safety, Workplace Violence, Seniors Safety, and much more. We are available to accommodate your community, civic or corporate group, weather it be during or after business hours. Through community involvement, we can help improve the quality of life in Putnam County.
Crime Prevention Objectives:
- To encourage citizens to protect themself, their homes, and businesses against crime and burglaries.
- To encourage citizen involvement in the help of reporting of crimes and suspicious activity.
- To develop appropriate programs for various interested groups.
- To distribute material on crime prevention and personal safety.
Qualifications: PCSO crime prevention deputies are required to be law enforcement certified through the State of Florida and a sworn deputy with PCSO. Deputies in the division achieve and maintain current Instructor Certifications and are members of the Florida Crime Prevention Association. Deputies in the division also sit on various planning boards and are also members of different civic groups within the county
- Neighborhood Watch
- Concealed Weapons Class
- Personal Safety for Men and Women
- Crimes against the Elderly
- Stranger Danger training for Children
- Your Friend the Sheriff for Children (Officer Friendly)
- Financial Crimes - Con Games
- Identity Theft
- Shoplifting - Retail Theft - Holiday Safety
- Workplace Violence
- Drug Free Workplace
- Vial of Life
- Bicycle Safety & Bicycle Regulations
- Home Security Check
- Business and Residential Security Surveys
- Public Safety Awareness Booths at your Civic or Business Group
For More Information on these programs or any other services available through the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, or to schedule a program or service please contact the PCSO Community Relations Officer at (386) 326-7253